SVAMCH, Chandrapur offers UG course in Ayurveda. Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) graduate degree awarded after the study of five and a half years duration including 1 year Internship. The course offered by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik and approved by Department of AYUSH, National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM).
|4 ½ yr College & 1 Year Internship
The aim of the BAMS course is to impart thorough and comprehensive training to the candidate in the various aspects of Ayurveda so that at the end of the course he/she shall be able to perform the following:
- Recognize the importance of Ayurvedic Principles in the context of the health needs of the community.
- To be able to diagnose and manage acute and chronic diseases on the basis of clinical assessment and appropriately selected and conducted investigations.
- To be able to carry out efficient Ayurvedic management of all types of ailments after quickly assessing the patient and synthesizing available clinical and Investigational information to formulate totality of symptoms .
- To be able to identify social, economic, environmental, biological and emotional determinants of health in a given case, and take them into account while planning therapeutic, rehabilitative, preventive measures/strategies.
- To keep abreast of the current knowledge and recent advances in the field by self learning and /or participating in continuing Medical Education Programmes.
- To be able to critically analyze relevant published research literature and use them appropriately to influence practice of Ayurveda.)